Thursday 9 February 2012

Bonding over...

We bonded over our obsession with Che Guevara.
We bonded over our common distaste for politics as we see it.
We bonded over our Naxal fantasies.
We bonded,we sure did.

We bonded over our never-ending debates regarding green tea(my favorite) and masala tea(your 'gal').
We bonded over asking for extra oregano.
We bonded over finishing the black,insipid syrup in one quick sip after we were done with our golas.
We bonded,we sure did.

We bonded over hangovers.
We bonded over ecstasy.
We bonded over hating directions(we loved to get lost,didn't we?).
We bonded,we sure did.

We had nothing,to begin with.
We were as different as chalk and cheese.
No birds sang when we looked into each others' eyes.
It never rained when I wore a sari.
Things were never meant to be.
Only we were adamant.
Adamant to tame the world,
adamant to rule the rules,
adamant to say it all,
without saving something for future.

We loved like fire.
We loved like ice.
We lived in the moment.
When it was over,
it never mattered
whether we were burnt or frozen.
All that mattered was the fact that
we were NOT alive.
And we didn't regret it.

 P.S.This post is inspired from Fantabulous February-day nine by Kanika.It's gonna be my best February ever,I'm sure!


I was meant to share this picture long back but somehow,other things came up at the last moment.It's NOT an outfit post.Just wanted you all to take a look at my brand new dhoti pant.It was a birthday gift from a friend of mine.I'm still not over the too cute for words elephant prints.The neon green watch never fails to cheer me up and the osho is a life-saver,literally! My side ponytail isn't visible properly.Again,no brownie points for my photographer.*Wink*

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful lines straight from the heart ,
    Love your bohemian style in the outfit !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much,Sanghamitra! It was spontaneous.I must thank Kanika for inspiring me.Feel free to join us to make Fantabulous February a success.
      P.S.DO you really like it?It wasn't an outfit though.I just threw it on while going out for my dance class.My best friend thinks I look hideous!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much,Sanghamitra! It was spontaneous.I must thank Kanika for inspiring me.Feel free to join us to make Fantabulous February a success.
    P.S.DO you really like it?It wasn't an outfit though.I just threw it on while going out for my dance class.My best friend thinks I look hideous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post as always!
    xoxo
    Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweetie i like your blog, i'm following now, can you follow mine too?
    *******
    HF

    http://the-hf-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure!Following you back.Thanks for dropping by.Love.

      Delete
  5. Lovely lines!! <3

    And i like that Dhoti Pant!! <3 You looking uber cute!! :))

    Xoxo.
    Surabhi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interestig how you write !

    nice Pant thi elephant print

    ave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for checking out my post yesterday :)

    And, This post of yours is really interesting!
    Your interpretation of the picture was pretty cool. :D

    I'm following. :)
    Hope to see you around on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much,Joyee!Stay in touch,will you?

      Delete
  8. Sure. :D
    Have a look on my blog at times too, Pretty please? :)

    ^ That sounds desperate. But, come on! I'm 15! Blogging is a HUGE thing for me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely piece of poetry my boho girl..you have depicted how simple things define something called "A Lot Like Love" :P :D ..and you look perfect in this pic....i like that dhoti pant a lot....

    ReplyDelete