Friday 8 July 2011

BEGGED,BORROWED,STOLE...

My parents always used to tell me that I'd realize the worth of money the day I'd start earning.But they were proved wrong once I joined college and started giving tuitions.That's because my mom was always happy to chip in.I discovered on 6th july,2011 that 'running short of money' is what I needed for so long to understand what it's worth.I was supposed to sit for one of these SIMCAT things that day(Sheer madness,worth absolutely nothing if you ask me)at 10 a.m.But thanks to my 'computer skills',turns out that my registration wasn't valid and I couldn't sit for that slot.The IMS people booked a seat for me from 6:45 to 9 p.m. schedule.With my rehearsal from 4 p.m. and nothing to do in between,I went to Metro Plaza and shopped my pants off(literally!).When I was about to get out of there,I had 32 bucks in my wallet and I was still supposed to have my lunch,go to A.J.C.Bose Road from Maidan and then again go to Saltlake for that stupid test and then return home.Going to A.J.C Bose Road by Metro would've cost me 12 bucks(Metro and then bus,that is) and if I went to Sealdah Prachi by bus,and then take another bus to Mallickbazaar,I could manage it within 10 bucks.Given my dislike(to put it politely)for bus,it was a tough call but I decided to go with the latter option.Then,I hunted down the whole Park Street for rolls worth 10 bucks or less because I'd be needing another 12 bucks for going to Saltlake and ended up discovering a small dosa place which was pretty awesome.For the fact,yours truly discovered rolls worth 10 bucks too but dosa seemed to be a more filling option.After 'lunch' and a pretty exhausting rehearsal,I finally managed to get to Saltlake with the remaining 12 bucks,much to my surprise!I was late though but that had nothing to do with my budget.Want to know what I ended up buying?A jumpsuit(that I had actually paid the advances for because I had liked it another day and didn't want to lose it but at the same time,I didn't have enough money to buy it that day),a pretty expensive shrug,a pure leather wallet and now comes the most predictable part for all those who know me well-a pair of shoes!But this time I settled for a leather thong only.Didn't go overboard.Given my obsession with shoes,buying only one pair is quite an achievement for me,no?Fun fact,because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get back home with my 32 bucks,I called my mom and asked her to ask baba to come over.I couldn't explain the reason to her at that time(quite understandable,no?Kidnappers won't really allow me to make a call to home without asking for ransom,would they?) and she ended up thinking that I was being followed by someone and I couldn't say it on phone.So,she got super paranoid and had a fight with baba.LOL!I'm mean,I know.But you got to agree,I'm a little unlucky too.
P.S.say 'hello' to the absolutely gorgeous sling that I had bought from Simpark mall.I had bought it for a friend's b'day but I couldn't help taking the liberty to pose with it before packing it with a tacky purple gift wrap paper.I'll buy one soon for myself too.Just not finding the perfect one.Oh,and by the way,since I don't find most of the lawyers or cops sexy and want to keep a distance from them always,a legal feud over the title is the last thing I'd want in the coming months.So,the credit of the title goes to UTV Bindaas.I was just 'inspired' from their reality/travel show.Catch it every fri on 8 p.m.Aliyah is super cool and everything I've always wanted to be.She doesn't really wear stuff off the runway on this show but even I won't bother if my shoes're going with my harem pant if I'm put into a situation like her.

6 comments:

  1. What did you Mom say when you finally told her the reason? :) Pretty amusing read though!!!

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!You went through my blog!That's awesome!Yeah,she gave me a piece of my heart,what else?I was the reason they fought for and I was the reason they made up for too because when I got home and told them everything,they forgot their own issues and started shouting at me together!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry,gave me a piece of her heart,I mean.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL ... I thought as much! And DONT be so surprised. I do read your blog even if I do not comment.

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!I had a pretty bad day and this totally cheered me up!I never imagined a celeb blogger like you going through my lame blog even once!Than you did and commented once.I was in seventh heaven!And to find out that it wasn't the first and last time you came here is so awesome!You needn't comment at all,sweetie!The very fact that you've wasted even five minutes of your day just dropping by is enough to keep me going for at least five months!And I mean it.

    ReplyDelete